Friday, December 22, 2006

Fantastical Mythical

I was recently asked who, in my opinion, is the most fantastical character in mythology (yes, I know it sounds odd, but people really do ask me these questions).

After mulling over it considerably, I've decided to cast my vote for none other than the demon of tooth decay, the demi-pachyderm known as Ganesha. Think about it. Here is a god that looks like something straight out of Dr. Moreau's island, balances a head disproportionately larger than his body, boasts of anywhere between six and six hundred limbs, and controls the fate of all humankind despite having a brain better suited for grazing. To top it off, he uses a rodent as his preferred means of conveyance. As far as I'm concerned, that alone is enough for him to clinch the prize. I mean, who rides a rat? Honestly.

where's the SPCA when you need it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home