Sunday, August 27, 2006

Previously Released Material

In the days of my youth, I had delusions of being of a poet. Not iambically gifted necessarily, but a poet nevertheless. So I'd write up these mindless doggerels and pass them off as free verse to unsuspecting victims. Some of these victims my friends have now suggested that I put these doggerels on my blog. Based on the rationale, no doubt, that they shouldn't suffer alone. I, of course, am only too happy to oblige.

Selected writings from my previously released work have therefore been uploaded at my Skaldic scratchpad. A link to the site has also been added to the sidebar. Those of you already familiar with the work may ignore this post. Or you may add a scathing comment about re-opening old wounds on a permanently scarred psyche. Others are encouraged to visit.

4 Comments:

At August 29, 2006 at 3:54 PM, Blogger SVR said...

hmm- brings me back memories of sitting in Infy bus - tyring to understand the Greek (literally) in your poems!

-an unsuspecting victim

:)loved reading what you write. Keep them coming.

 
At August 30, 2006 at 1:14 PM, Blogger brij said...

Again ... thank you for the music

 
At August 30, 2006 at 4:14 PM, Blogger Shashank said...

"I got Butchered" was the funiest! It was fun to read it again.

That greek stuff was a tough nut to crack! Took me ages to get the strength to read it only to realize that it is superbly written!

- always suspecting Victim!
Shashank

 
At September 1, 2006 at 12:13 AM, Blogger raoul said...

Soumya and Brij: Thank you for the kind words. I wish the rest of the world could be as appreciative of my work as you.

Shashank: BAH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home