Thursday, July 27, 2006

Celebrity Face Match

Found this link on Dhoomketu's blog. Once I got to the site, I just had to find out who I looked like, now didn't I? (Face it, there's a little Narcissus in all of us). So I uploaded a photograph, and guess what? The closest match to my face was none other than the 'air raid siren' Bruce Dickinson, with a whopping 72% match. Needless to say I was (and remain) as pleased as punch.

The other close matches were, rather more predictably, Adrian Brody (70%), David Schwimmer (67%) and Steve Vai (62%). Have been likened to each one of them before. But Bruce Dickinson! That's priceless. Take that all of you who've ever made fun of my nose.

Having said that, I wonder what heuristics they use to match the faces. I remember having a discussion with my boss a couple of years back about how the future of computing (and A.I. in particular) lay in pattern recognition algorithms. Have had lots of ideas thrown about, but I’m still not sure how it’s done. If anyone’s got a clue, do let me know.

1 Comments:

At August 3, 2006 at 12:34 PM, Blogger Venky said...

I'm surprised Kramer did not show up ... you're definitely Kramer dude ... or Ross :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home